Anonymous said: This may sound weird, but how do you know she is THE one? I'm going to explain myself. I've been with this girl for 4 months (yes, I know,it's not enough time to be sure,I'm only 20,she's my first love,and all those clichés).I've been with other people but she is the first person I fall in love with. She makes my life one million times better we have talked about our long term future and spending the rest of my life with her would make the happiest girl in the world.How can I be sure this is it?
I don’t think you can accurately tell, in the present time, who is THE ONE and who isn’t. That is something that only time can tell, you know? I believe in knowing, right now, that that is the person you want to be with, that you want to build a future with, a life and a home and everything that comes with. And you know what? That takes a hell of a lot of work.
I think being ‘the one’ or not is a little bit irrelevant in the present. I think you need to find the person who makes you want to be better, to make the world better for, with whom you can plan a future. The person with whom you WANT to work, relationship-wise.
I know this is a bit of an unromantic view on it, but I do believe in it. And I think that if you’re with someone who does make your life better, who makes your world shine brighter, you should cherish them and do your best to keep them. Just don’t worry about labels — they don’t really matter, in the present time. And to be honest, the present time is the only time you should be living in. :)
1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what. 19 Things I Will Tell My Daughter (via brennanat)